The upward trend in housing activity evident in recent times is now gaining momentum.
As committed to under Rebuilding Ireland, we have developed a Monthly Housing Activity Report, the first of which for January 2017, is published today.
It charts current activity levels across five key statistical indicators:
- Planning permissions (published quarterly)
- Residential commencements (monthly)
- Residential completions (monthly)
- Residential Property Price Index (monthly)
- Residential Rent Price Index (quarterly)
The indicators confirm that the upward trend in housing activity evident in recent times is gaining momentum and, having regard to wider economic growth projections and the increasing level of planning permissions in particular, should continue to gather pace and result in higher levels of output in 2017 and beyond.
- Planning permissions were granted for over 16,000 new homes in the year to end September 2016 , an increase of 45% on the preceding 12 months
- Commencement Notices for 13,234 new homes were submitted in the year up to end December 2016, an increase of 51% year on year
- 14,932 new homes completed during 2016, an increase of 18% on 2015 (12,666)
The Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government would welcome any comments or suggestions in relation to this report, which can be sent to email@example.com
The report is available to download below.